Which are more beneficial: personal development workshops and seminars or private sessions with a therapist?
Advantages of Personal Development Workshops and Seminars
The advantage of personal development workshops and seminars is that they’re longer than a private session with a therapist and therefore you have more time to work through the surface layers of resistance and amnesia, as you uncover the underlying issues that will set you free from the past and any restrictions in your current life.
Hour long private sessions can sometimes just scratch the surface, or only just take you to your turn around point before the session is over. Then, you can spend a lot of the next session just trying to get to the point where you left off the previous time. You can sometimes take two steps forward during the session and at least one step backwards between sessions, which can be both frustrating and costly, as it prolongs your relationship with your therapist.
Advantages of Private Sessions
The advantage that private sessions have over personal development workshops is that the private sessions are customised to your particular personal development needs and the therapist gets to know you very well indeed.
A personal development workshop will generally stick to a predefined agenda dealing with issues that may not always be relevant to you. You’ll never have that problem with a private session, as it will always be completely relevant to your most pressing issues.
Advantages of Private Personal Development Workshops
Kenny D’Cruz provides the best of both worlds – he provides bespoke private personal development workshops, which are customised to meet your specific needs.
Kenny’s “workshops” are made up of 3 parts:
- In Part One of the private personal development workshop you will complete your Personal Discovery Questionnaire. This information will allow Kenny to gain the insights that he needs in order to customise your bespoke personal development workshop to address your specific issues. Your answers will help reveal to Kenny your possible belief systems, any scripts that keep repeating in your life and the key role-players who most likely keep replacing themselves.
Once done, simply email this document back to Kenny, omitting anything that you’d really rather discuss face-to-face.
This part of the personal development workshop serves three purposes:
- Firstly, it brings greater awareness to significant events in your life,
- Secondly , it brings greater clarity about what outcomes you’re looking to get from working with Kenny
- Thirdly it brings greater awareness to any limiting beliefs and behaviour patterns you may have, including any repetitive life-scripts and the key role players who keep replacing themselves.
Understanding your ‘life story’ makes it much easier to spot things as they show up, let them go and move on.
- Part Two of the personal development workshop is where Kenny will read your written answers to gain an understanding of the relevant issues, possibly emailing you with further questions, until he is clear about:
- your probable unconscious life-script and the key players who keep replacing themselves,
- your core issues and
your inner dialogue.
If you went to a therapist it might take months to uncover and put together all this information.
- Part Three of your private personal development workshop is where you and Kenny meet for a half to full day session during which Kenny will use various personal development techniques to help you make the changes you desire in your life.
If you’re serious about transforming you life then this is the personal development workshop for you.
This 2-day one-to-one workshop with pre-workshop and post-workshop components is the best way to get quick results.
Find out more…
Personal Development Workshops in London
Kenny is based in London and can meet with you at your home or workplace, or at his rooms in either
South Kensington or Camden Town. (Other locations in London or beyond are also available on request).
Personal Development Workshops outside London
While Kenny is based in London England he is also able to travel to locations outside of London or the UK, provided the client is able to cover costs. Alternatively, your private personal development workshop can be held via Skype.